Opinion and Polling Services
REQUEST FOR PROPOSALS
Los Alamos Connect is a collection of investment, market research, technical assistance, and business coaching activities designed to help businesses reach the next level of success and create an entrepreneurial culture in Northern New Mexico. Funding for Los Alamos Connect is generously provided by Los Alamos National Laboratory and Los Alamos National Security, LLC as a part of their commitment to strengthen Northern New Mexico. Los Alamos Connect is administered through the Regional Development Corporation (RDC) a non-profit economic development organization dedicated to building a stronger economy in Northern New Mexico.
This RFP solicits proposals from qualified firms or sole practitioners to plan and conduct a survey to measure the impact of services provided to regional small businesses through the Los Alamos Connect program. Data will be used to measure effectiveness of current program and inform future changes in programming.
The RDC seeks the following services and deliverables:
- Refine a survey instrument with input from the Los Alamos Connect Client Services Team to appropriately determine impacts of services provided. Questions will be both
multi-choice and open ended.
- Survey of approximately 80 companies. Estimated length of survey is approximately 20 questions. Los Alamos Connect will provide client contact list and information. In the past, phone surveying has been used, however, we will consider other methods that provide similar response rate.
- Analysis of the data collected where both the qualitative and quantitative data is analyzed in a scientifically valid manner.
- A report in both digital and hard copy which should include: An analysis of the results. A comparison of any differences in the responses based on program utilization. Compilation of comments and customer feedback. A description of the sampling and survey methodologies and a copy of the survey instrument.
- Collected, raw data in a format that the RDC can continue to analyze and utilize.
ASSUMPTIONS AND AGREEMENTS
- A contract will be awarded on or before Friday, June 14, 2013.
- Work will commence immediately with an end date August 23, 2013. There is a possibility for contract renewal in 2014.
- This project requires knowledge and public opinion and polling and experience working with small businesses. Preference is for a company with familiarity of New Mexico.
The proposal must include:
- Outline of the contractors general approach to the project
- Outline of the contractor’s qualifications, relevant capabilities and experience on like projects.
- Complete contact information for the proposer.
- At least 3 professional references.
- Total estimated cost of completing the required deliverables.
- Statement of availability June through August 2013.
SUBMISSION OF PROPOSAL
- The deadline for proposal submissions is 5 pm, Thursday, May 23, 2013. The proposals should be submitted electronically to: email@example.com.
- Any questions regarding the RFP should be directed to Kathy Keith at Kathy@rdcnm.org. All proposals will be acknowledged.
- Finalist may be asked to participate in an interview.
Click to download the RFP (docx)